[Histonet] CAP Check List

Joe Nocito JNocito <@t> Pathreflab.com
Wed Mar 17 07:24:45 CST 2004

Allison,
That's the way I'm setting my lab up.  I think this question pertains to
automatic immuno and special stainers.  If you have PM performed let's say
on a Benchmark, are the staining results the same as before the PM was
performed? That's how I'm interpreting the question. I wish CAP would be
more specific with some of their questions,

Joe Nocito, BS, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab
San Antonio, TX 78205

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Edward Scott
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 9:23 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CAP Check List

I just received my Cap self check list and I'm having a problem with the
question ANP.23075 : Is there evidence of ongoing evaluation of results
of instrument maintenance and functions for all devices.   Would having
maintenance charts and a policy of how often instruments are  checked by
Bio Med and or the company from which the instrument was purchased be
enough.  I also have all of the PM/ service  records on  all instruments
that require annual checks.  Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Allison Scott HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
LBJ Hospital
Houston, Texas

This e-mail, including attachments, contains information that is confidential and may be
legally privileged. This e-mail, including atachments, constitutes non-public information
inteneded to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended
recipient,please delete this e-mail, including attachments, and notify me. The
unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including
attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful.