[Histonet] AgNOR

Teresa Dominguez mariatere <@t> infovia.com.ar
Tue Mar 16 19:55:31 CST 2004

George Cole,
                        I'm really sorry if you have missunderstood
something I wrote in my message. The problem was I should translate from my
notes in Spanish to english, so the "jelly" I mensionated is the same jelly
you will know flavoured or not. That "jelly" of course is without "any"
flavour. Maybe you know it as "gelatine", "gelatin" too, and synonims like
that.
 Next point, the NOR is, Nucleolar Organization Releaser; at least this is
the information I have.
  Related with the" wacky silver preps that were very fickle"... I know
something about that, thru, you are right. In my 10 years experience as a
histotechnician I only have performed Jone's Methenamine for kidney, Ag
Reticuline, and Grocott's Method. I have never failed in them. Maybe I am a
"lucky woman", or my boss is a Magician, but ...

About the Formic acid, if you like to take a look at this,
formic acid - a colorless pungent fuming vesicatory liquid acid HCOOH found
naturally in ants and many plants or made catalytically from carbon monoxide
and steam; used in finishing textiles and paper and in the manufacture of
insecticides and fumigants , furthermore you can read this,
If you are interested in anything more, this site is interesting
 http://msds.pdc.cornell.edu/msds/msdsdod/a96/m47919.htm

Now, you wonder to know what's happens If I use just room temperature water.
Ok, in my opinion I think the warm or hot water (not boiled) is useful to
acelerate the reactions; so if you rather you can use Just room temperature
water, you choose.

Well, I hope all you doubts have been solved, at least I tried to give you
"a light". My idea was Just to help to someone, I am not owner of the thru,
I do mistakes of course, that's why I choose this list to be updated
everyday. If I can tell you something, even a "little thing" of my
experience, ok. I am satisfied. I like to learn with discussions too.

Thanks for your e-mail.

H.T Maria T Dominguez
Anatomy Pathology Service
Hospital Regional Río Grande,