[Histonet] MicroFil

Sven Terclavers Sven.Terclavers <@t> med.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Mar 15 04:53:47 CST 2004

Dear listers,

I'm looking for a solution to perfuse bloodvessels which hardens after
cooling down or after a certain timepoint of being liquid to fill not only
larger bloodvessels but also cappillars.  On the internet I found MicroFil,
now I was wondering if some of you already tried this.  I would like to know
the following:

-What is the smallest cappillar that will be filled?
-Can sections be made without the MicroFil falling out of the cappillars?
-Can this MicroFil solution be mixed with e.g. FITC to  perform
epi-fluorescence/CLS-microscopy?

Thanks in advance,

Sven Terclavers