[Histonet] FW: [IHCRG] Very important question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Poteete, Jacquie A. japoteete <@t> saintfrancis.com
Fri Mar 5 11:05:31 CST 2004

We had a very enlightening call from the Erbitux drug rep last week, and
from her statement, the drug will not even be offered to any patient without
documentation that the DAKO kit was used.  I have had to supply that
information to our research people who enter patients on the protocols
Possibly it might be due to the "newness" of this kit, but probably, from
Patti's numbers, reimbursement will be a big issue.  We were also advised to
use charge code 88342-22 to increase our reimbursement.

Jacquie Poteete MT(ASCP)QIHC, Lead Technologist, IHC Laboratory
Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK