[Histonet] Another plea for human vs mouse

Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Fri Mar 5 10:50:52 CST 2004

Hi Y'all -
I've thrown this question out before, but still don't have an answer.
Please oh please, if you have an idea, please share!
I'm trying to find an antibody that will specifically identify any and ALL
human tissue but will not cross react with mouse.
My boss is thinking along the lines of a ribosomal protein - I just look
at him like a deer caught in the headlights.
We're working with human xenografts in mice.  Since we work with so many
different tumor lines, from melanoma to prostate, we would like a type of
broad spectrum antibody that WILL stain human cells but will NOT stain
mouse stroma, etc.  Any clues??

Jackie O'

Jacqueline M. O'Connor HT(ASCP)
Abbott Laboratories
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development
Discovery Chemotheraputics
Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com