[Histonet] Human or animal tissue for H&E control, a difference??

Galbraith, Joe joseph-galbraith <@t> uiowa.edu
Mon Jun 14 10:03:39 CDT 2004

Ian:

I would focus on using control tissue from the species that your research utilizes.  If you are working with human tissue, then go with a human control.  If mouse, use mouse control, etc.   As to the use of skin for nuclear detail, I would be skeptical.  I will let others make a recommendation.

Good luck,

Joe Galbraith

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Bernard
Ian R SSgt 59 CRES/MSROP
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:10 AM
To: Histonet (E-mail)
Subject: [Histonet] Human or animal tissue for H&E control, a
difference??

Would it make a difference as to what tissue (animal or human) I use as my
H&E control?  We are not CAP regulated, as we are in research.  Hence we are
not required to run controls but simply as good management practice and for
QC.

Is skin the best tissue control as to show nuclear detail?

Thanks,

SSgt B