[Histonet] Xylene substitutes....again

Marceau, Gabriel (IAF)(LAVAL) Gabriel.Marceau <@t> inrs-iaf.uquebec.ca
Wed Jun 2 21:32:17 CDT 2004

I'd like to get further into a subject that was already debated on Histonet:

Xylene substitues
1- Which one do you use or have you used before and have the results been
satisfactory or not (maybe with a brief description of the specimen used,
fixation, etc)?
2- Are these substitutes really better than Xylene,
safety/toxicology-speaking?
3- Do they all have the same power than Xylene (I read about one that it had
the same chemical power as Xylene compared to the other version....so the
other does what exactly then?)

I am interested in changing our Xylene for a substitute but I need to
convince people on that.

Thanks,

Gabriel Marceau
INRS-Institut Armand-Frappier