[Histonet] Ki-67 (MIB1) Immunohistochemistry and neutrophil labeling

david.l.krull <@t> gsk.com david.l.krull <@t> gsk.com
Wed Jun 2 08:49:46 CDT 2004

We recently had a Cyno monkey study which required evaluation of cell
proliferation in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded liver sections.  During
the review of the slides we noticed that neutrophils were also positive in
addition to proliferating hepatocytes using DAB as the chromagen.  When I
switched to Vector VIP the neutrophils were negative.  Has anyone else
observed neutrophil labeling with Ki-67 using  DAB?  Could the DAB be
reacting with the neutrophils?

David L. Krull
Scientist, Molecular &
Ultrastructural Pathology