[Histonet] RE: Statmark Pens

Joe Nocito JNocito <@t> Pathreflab.com
Wed Jul 28 09:10:09 CDT 2004

Glen,
There is another company out there that doesn't even comment on customer's
complaints.  I don't know if you remember, but last year I posted a
statement about how I was using a new pen (after testing the free pen on
fake blocks) that all the numbers came off the blocks. I contacted the
company and no one answered by call. I packaged up the pens, the invoice and
a little letter requesting my money back. I never heard from them, except
when they send me advertisements, which are 86'd immediately.

Joe Nocito, BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab
San Antonio, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Dawson, Glen
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 8:21 AM
Cc: 'HistoNet Server'
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Statmark Pens

All,

Statmark pens are, without a doubt, much better than the secureline slide
markers.  A company that doesn't test their product before shipping it to
their customers deserves to lose those customers.  But, just an FYI on the
Statmark pens: keep a pencil handy to label any IHC slides going into a high
pH citrate buffer for antigen retrieval since the Statmark pens will come
off in the hot solution.  I have yet to find anything else that will take it
off though.

Glen Dawson  HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Coordinator
Milwaukee, WI