[Histonet] PGP9.5 staining -- how to get rid of hair follicle background staining?

Edmondson David (RBV) NHS Christie Tr David.Edmondson <@t> christie-tr.nwest.nhs.uk
Fri Jul 23 08:56:23 CDT 2004

Have you tried applying a biotin blocking kit in the procedure?
Dave
Christie, Manchester

-----Original Message-----
From: Cao, Xudong [mailto:Xudong_Cao <@t> Brown.edu]
Sent: 23 July 2004 14:02
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] PGP9.5 staining -- how to get rid of hair follicle
background staining?

Dear all,

I am trying to stain for nerve fibers innervating the skin samples that I
have. While I am lucky to get the nerve fiber singnals, I am also getting
overwheelingly strong background staining from the hair follicles. I know
the follicle stains are background since they are also stained in both of my
controls where primary and secondary are omitted  are also stained. My
question is: how to get rid of the hair follicle stains? any suggestions? I
am using Vector's ABC and SG substrate. Thanks

Xudong Cao, Ph.D.
Biomedical Center
Brown University