[Histonet] PGP9.5 staining -- how to get rid of hair follicle background staining?

Cao, Xudong Xudong_Cao <@t> Brown.edu
Fri Jul 23 08:01:30 CDT 2004

Dear all,

I am trying to stain for nerve fibers innervating the skin samples that I have. While I am lucky to get the nerve fiber singnals, I am also getting overwheelingly strong background staining from the hair follicles. I know the follicle stains are background since they are also stained in both of my controls where primary and secondary are omitted  are also stained. My question is: how to get rid of the hair follicle stains? any suggestions? I am using Vector's ABC and SG substrate. Thanks

Xudong Cao, Ph.D.
Biomedical Center
Brown University