[Histonet] AURANTIA

Sarah Jones SJones <@t> cvm.tamu.edu
Wed Jul 21 13:38:19 CDT 2004

 Aurantia is a dye. Color Index number 10360.  Try looking for it's
synonym:  Imperial Yellow.  A German catalog identifies it as CI 18110
(benzol fast red B, FIAT 764).  The free amine 2,2' ,4,4'
,6,6'-hexanitrodiphenylamine appears in chemical catalogs in reagent
grade. From Conn's Biological Stains.  I have several old vials of the
dye.  I can send you one if you can't find it.

Sarah Jones HT(ASCP)
Dept. of Vet. Anatomy & Public Health
Histology Lab
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4458
phone: 979-845-3177
fax:  979-458-3499

>>> Jose Luis Palazon Fernandez <jluis.palazon <@t> icman.csic.es> 7/21/2004
4:59:58 AM >>>
Dear Histonet fellows

Do any of you know the comertial name of "Aurantia"? I need this
reagent but I can´t find it in the chemical product catalogs.

thanks in advance

José Luis

Universidad de Oriente-Isla Margarita-Venezuela
actualmente en: Instituto de Ciencias Marinas de Andalucia
Puerto Real, Cádiz, España.
email: jluis.palazon <@t> icman.csic.es