[Histonet] looking for LDL receptor antibody

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Wed Jul 14 10:38:32 CDT 2004

If by LDL you are referring to low density lipoproteins, my guess is no.  Lipids are usually dissolved during processing by xylene.  I think you are stuck with frozens.  Then again I might be wrong, good luck.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
Christus Santa Rosa Hospital
333 N. Santa Rosa Ave.
San Antonio, TX  78207
(210)704-2533

-----Original Message-----
From: HCS [mailto:int09018 <@t> alphahunt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 4:30 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] looking for LDL receptor antibody

Does anyone have access to LDL antibodies for "paraffin" sections.  I can find some for frozens but would like to do the IHC on paraffin sections if possible.  Any suggestions as to where to look?  Anyone with a protocol?   Can it be done?
Thanks in advance.

LeRoy Brown HT(ASCP) HTL
Histology Consultation Services
www.histocs.com