[Histonet] Sakura Tissue Processor

Juile Gorenstein j_gorenstein <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 13:16:53 CDT 2004

Hello again,
Thanks LuAnn for the suggestion.  However, we just had this instrument brought out of storage and we put in fresh filter (2 weeks old) and we change water and everything.  It is useful to know that it should not be doing this, and that we should not need a hood.  Any further suggestions are welcome!  Thanks again!

Julie

LuAnn Anderson <ander093 <@t> tc.umn.edu> wrote:
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:07:39 -0500
To: Juile Gorenstein
From: LuAnn Anderson
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Sakura Tissue Processor

Hi Julie,
Our VIP has a charcoal station in the very last reagent position. The
activated charcoal helps to absorb xylene fumes. If you are not using
charcoal in your VIP, or if it hasn't been changed in a while, I would
recommend filling that container with fresh activated charcoal pieces (not
powder). I think that I ordered it through Allegiance. It is Tissue Tech
Activated carbon #4663. If you need me to, I can look up where I ordered
and let you know for sure. Good luck.

LuAnn