[Histonet] Cox-IHC in uterus

Greg Dobbin dobbin <@t> upei.ca
Thu Jul 8 07:52:35 CDT 2004

Hi Jocelyne,

Here is my 2 cents worth:

a) For the Ab's that are not working, try incubating the primary
overnight in the fridge before giving up on them.

b) For the one with excessive background, try adding (up to) 1%
bovine serum albumin (or normal bovine serum) to the primary
(make sure you treat your negative controls the same). This might
adsorb out the (or some of the) non-specific rx.

c) If you really want to try the procedure without the universal kit, go
for it. Just use goat anti-mouse or rabbit anti-mouse conjugated
with peroxidase diluted to approx. 1:200. I do think however you will
be sacrificing some sensitivity in the test.

Good luck.
Greg