[Histonet] Hydrophobic Pens

SMITH,REBEKAH FELICIA rockbeki <@t> ufl.edu
Thu Jul 1 18:09:11 CDT 2004

I've been using Zymed pap pen (the thin kind) and usually it works
fine. The only thing is if you're using a chromogen that can't be
in xylene or alcohol (like AEC), if you put it on too thick, the
pap pen marks might not rinse off that well.(I've been using AEC
as of late,and I've found I can still use the pap pen, I just have
to be careful of how much and rinse a lot with a couple changes of
water after the AEC, or use a wash bottle to rinse.) If you're
using DAB, the marks should disappear when you go up to xylene
again.

--
SMITH,REBEKAH FELICIA
"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the