[Histonet] Davidson's fixative

RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com
Thu Jul 1 13:46:50 CDT 2004

>>1500 ml. 37% formaldehyde
2250 ml. Absolut [sic] alcohol [but I wouldn't pay the beverage tax for
premium vodka!]
75 ml. glacial acetic acid
2250 ml. tap water
eosin to color (not powder)<<

This formula for Davidson's fixative isn't real close to the "modified
Davidson's fixative" used by Moore and Barr (see my Web page about it for