[Histonet] Validation for IHC

Joanne Mauger MAUGER <@t> email.chop.edu
Fri Jan 30 13:27:22 CST 2004

To Joyce,
No, I have never heard of sending controls to another lab for verification. This sounds unreasonable because other labs use different chemistrys,different dilutions,different fixation,etc.  your pathologist should be able to verify for herself wether the control tissue is positive,how did they get diagnosed in the first place? Are they sent out to verify the diagnosis? This doesn't make sense to me.
Jo

>>> "Joyce Cline" <jcline <@t> wchsys.org> 01/30/04 02:18PM >>>
     Does anyone send their positive control tissue to another lab for validation of their immuno staining?
     The path that is over the immuno area wants me to varify the use of my patient controls by sending to another lab to show that these controls are positive by another source.
     Has anyone been CAP inspected and asked if they do this? Seems he thinks an inspector is going to ask this.