[Histonet] Ideal endothelial cell-isolatin' antibody

Gagermeier, James gagermeierjp <@t> upmc.edu
Tue Jan 27 22:41:09 CST 2004

I am attempting to find an antibody for immunofluorescence that is the best
(from experience) in isolating endothelial cells.  This is significant for
me as I am attempting to isolate endothelail cells in order to perform laser
microdissection on these cells for further studies.  The problem I am faced
with is that an approach utilizing double staining will take too long,
allowing RNA degradation.  It is reccomended that a specific primary
biotinylated antibody be used - and then a rapid IF staining kit by Arcturus
is used.  The IF protocol appears to take 12-15 minutes.

I am trying to determine the best antibody so that I can use a single
biotinylated primary antibody with the rapid Arcturus IF protocol.  Any
reccs are appreciated.

Thanks

Jim Gagermeier