[Histonet] Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) with and without Ca andMg

Jack England joeamateur <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:56:27 CST 2004

Christine,

I'm a newbie to histo, so I can't necessarily speak to the pros and cons for
use in staining. My primary training is in cell culture, though, and in
those applications, Ca/Mg-free PBS is used to disrupt adherent cells from
whatever they're growing on (flasks, slides, etc), prior to applying trypsin
(which disrupts them from each other).

Hope this helps...

--Aloha,
Jack England