[Histonet] Rat Micronuclei scoring

ames1 <@t> breathe.com ames1 <@t> breathe.com
Thu Jan 22 03:20:03 CST 2004

Hi there,
I'm hoping someone can help me with a staining technique to view micronuclei
in PCEs and NCEs on rat bone marrow smears. Apparently the best technique is
the H&E stain but when I try it the haematoxylin is too strong. I have tried
reducing the concentration to 0.5% but the some of the PCEs are still
blacked out. Am I doing something wrong?

I have resolved the Eosin being overpowering by using aqueous Eosin.

I hope everyone is enjoying the New Year.

My thanks to anyone who can help,

Amy Greenhalgh

Scientist
Sequani Ltd,