[Histonet] Embedding w/wo paraffin

Barry R Rittman Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Wed Jan 21 13:52:39 CST 2004

I do not like the concept of placing tissues in a dry, heated area,
before placing them in paraffin wax in a mold. I prefer to have a small
container with molten paraffin wax and place tissues from there directly
into the final mold.
If tissues are placed "dry" there is greater possibility of paraffin wax
draining from some areas and air bubbles developing.
There was some mention about tissue carryover or losing tissue in the
molten wax if you use this method. If the tissues are that small I think
that it would be prudent to stain them with dilute eosin while
processing so that they are clearly visible.
Barry