[Histonet] folds forming in bone/cartilage sections

Mike Sohaskey sohaskey <@t> socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jan 14 12:36:40 CST 2004

Hello,

	I find that, when sectioning EDTA-decalcified mouse tibiae at
5 - 10 microns, that folds (i.e., creases) frequently form
specifically within the growth plate cartilage as the sections dry
and adhere to the Superfrost slides.  I have had no success with
increasing the amount of time that I float the sections on a water
bath prior to drying them on slides.  I'm hoping that someone might
be able to offer a suggestion as to how I can overcome this
difficulty.  Thanks very much.

MIKE

Michael Sohaskey, Ph.D.
University of California, Berkeley