[Histonet] Tissue Separating from paraffin ribbon

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Jan 8 09:32:27 CST 2004

You didn't say how you fixed, time, what animal or processing schedule and
if you use vacuum/pressure, etc.   2 hours per change of paraffin may be
excessive for lean aka less fatty animal tissues.  Dirty paraffin is more
likely to cause ski tracks in the sections.

Do you ice water soak your tissues after trimming for a short time?

Check your paraplast plus, we used to get water droplets in bottom of this
paraffin after melting, strange - even though we stored the paraffin
properly.

 At 07:33 AM 1/8/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We are experiencing our animal tissue separating and rolling back on itself
>at sectioning.
>We currently use Kendall's Paraplast plus and we infiltrate in two changes
>of paraffin at processing each being two hours.  We use the open auto
>technicon processors.  The processors were changed prior to processing so we
>do not believe the paraffin was dirty.  Any insight would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thank you,
>Loriann

Gayle Callis