[Histonet] Bodian Stain

Atoska S. Gentry gentras <@t> vetmed.auburn.edu
Tue Jan 6 14:42:56 CST 2004

Hello, a former colleague of mine who works in the only local human
pathology lab is seeking input on the availability of a protocol for Bodian
Stain other than the one in the AFIP manual. The reason they are seeking
this is their lab is only equipped with one incubator and they routinely
use it for drying slides at temperatures much higher than the required
48hour, 37C incubation of the protargol. They are equipped with a microwave
for staining but are not sure how to use it for drying of slides without
trial and error. Any suggestions provided will be much appreciated. Thanks,
Atoska p.s. our lab is equipped but we only process animal tissues here.
We've provided them with the chemicals they were lacking to complete this
stain.

Atoska S. Gentry B.S., HT(ASCP)
Research Assistant III
Scott-Ritchey Research Center
College of Veterinary Medicine
Auburn University, AL  36849
Phone# (334)844-5579  Fax# (334)844-5850