[Histonet] endogenous peroxidases in liver sections

Favara, Cynthia (NIH/NIAID) cfavara <@t> niaid.nih.gov
Thu Feb 26 08:02:49 CST 2004

I work on a lot of mouse and have found the best thing is if you can insist
on perfusion. Does not necessarily get rid of everything but makes
background problems less troublesome. I usually us a 3% peroxide in buffer
of choice or methanol. I do avoid BSA as a blocking agent as I find it is
more problematic than helpful. I will frequently use no blocking and have
found this to be just fine. If you are not using mouse on mouse a mouse
adsorbed secondary is also helpful.

No pearls or great wisdom but hopefully helpful!

Cynthia Favara
NIAID/NIH/RML/LPVD
903 South 4th Street
Hamilton, MT 59840