[Histonet] Substitute for acid cleaning

Delventh3 <@t> aol.com Delventh3 <@t> aol.com
Thu Feb 19 07:47:13 CST 2004

Hello to all - I found that cleaning glass with 10% chlorox for at least 30
minutes and follow with several changes of distilled deionized water will clean
glassware for silver staining.  When I have time I will soak overnight, rinse
well, dry, and then cover with parafilm untill time to use.  Hopefully it
will work for you.  I have used this method in several different labs throughout
the country (I do temp histology) and it has work well each time.

On an aside, I thought the typo was funny --made my day.  It's like those
times when the bad words come out unexpectedly under stress and you can't take
them back!!!!!

Have a good day everyone.  We are lucky to be in such an interesting, varied
field.

Priscilla - Still in Central Wyoming