[Histonet] alkaline phosphatase

Martin Weber maweber <@t> scripps.edu
Wed Feb 18 13:19:51 CST 2004

Hello,
I might need to do a dual staing procedure on paraformaldehyde fixed
fresh frozen sections. One marker will be stained with peroxidase (DAB).
As a second marker for IHC I read about alkaline phosphatase (FastRed)
which gives rise to a red color in addition to the brown color of the
peroxidase staining. To me this combination seems to be a little bit
unfortunate because the colors are sort of overlapping.
Does anybody know of an alternative and complimentary method for dual
staining which might give rise to a different color other than red ?
Unfortunately due to special circumstances Immunofluorecence is not an
option.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot !

Martin Weber

The Scripps Research Institute
Dept. of Molecular and Experimental Medicine
10550 North Torey Pines Road
La Jolla, 92037
Phone: 858-784-8612
Fax: 858-784-2030