[Histonet] Storage of Primary Antibodies!

Bill Blank bill501 <@t> mindspring.com
Mon Feb 16 10:33:34 CST 2004

At 8:48 AM -0500 2/16/04, Jennifer Hoover wrote:
>  I have a question regarding the storage (short or longer
>term) of primary antibodies.

IN the good days before monoclonals and kits we
made GFAP the old fashion wat by injecting
rabits, harvesting antibodies and absorbing until
we got good specific staining. About a litre of
good antibody was aliquoted and stored in a Revco
(I think -70°) and it remained good for at least
8 years.

If I had a Revco now, I would do this will all
antibodies and validate them per case by using
controls.