[Histonet] stain that binds mercury

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Wed Dec 8 13:30:29 CST 2004

I found a reference for Voight's modification of the Timm silver sulfide method that is specific for mercury. (Acta Histochem.  14:315, 1962).
I found the reference in Lillie's Histopathologic Technic and Practical Histochemistry, Third Edition 1965.  An oldie but a goodie.  Good luck.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  Long live free speech!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rita Angel [mailto:RITA.ANGEL <@t> UC.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:19 AM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] stain that binds mercury

Hi everyone,

We have an investigator here that is interested in finding a stain that
will localize mercury in sections of cicadas. Does anyone know of anything
that will bind mercury in tissues? This is all the information I have at
this point.

Thank you for your help and expertise,

Rita Angel, HT
University of Cincinnati