[Histonet] fixation for RE: Masson's Trichrome on frozen heart sections

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Dec 2 11:20:19 CST 2004

Juan,

How do you fix fresh tissue frozen sections?  Bouins or NBF?  and fixation
times?  If we were to do this stain, our tissues are NEVER prefixed before
snap freezing.

A one step staining procedure makes a lot of sense when handling more
fragile frozen sections.  I know one substitute light green with aniline
blue, or vice versa - what ever one likes best.  This was discussed just a
few months ago on Histonet.

At 09:48 AM 12/2/2004, you wrote:
>We use Gomori's trichrome on frozen sections.  It's a one step procedure
>that gives you a faster answer.  Are you able to try alternatives to MTS?
>Good luck.

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor