[Histonet] Leica 1850

Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com
Mon Aug 23 11:47:51 CDT 2004

We had nothing but "chatter" trouble and other cutting concerns with a new
Leica 1850 at the facility we used to work at.  They even had the rep from
Germany in and ended up giving us a new cryostat, same model.  We still had
periodic problems with it and have been told that the new knife holder
design for this cryostat has some design flaws!  So, we went back to an
older model knife holder and that kept our cutting concerns to a
minimum..still not perfect!  At the facility I work at now, they purchased
the same model and we have the same problems, mostly with skin specimens.
The tech who works on this cryostat is very good from a local company and he
has given us an older knife holder for this one, too, and recently found
another internal problem that he is ordering parts for.  I can let you know
exactly what that is when he comes back to fix it.

It is a nice cryostat, but it bothers me why there are so many cutting
concerns with this model???

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please
be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600.
You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.