[Histonet] Muscle biopsies

Mitchell (Jean) jmitchell <@t> neurology.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 17 11:22:39 CDT 2004

Department of Neurology
Madison, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Vivian.King <@t> CLS.ab.ca
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 10:45 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Muscle biopsies

Does anyone out there get muscle biopsies sent to them from far away?
(ie: a few hours transport time) How are they sent to you? (Fresh? or
Frozen in proper orientation?) I am wondering if anyone has any idea how
long a muscle bx can be held on ice before the diagnostic value of the
tissue is compromised. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Vivian King
Tech II - Neuropathology
FMC
Calgary, Alberta