[Histonet] RE: replies to immunostaining on technovit 8100

Webster, Paul PWebster <@t> hei.org
Fri Aug 13 11:09:40 CDT 2004

There is a new resin that has just bee released called Technovit 9100 New. I have no experience with this resin but in addition to polymerizing at low temperatures, it is also possible to remove the resin from tissue sections using 2-methoxyethyl acetate.

There is a paper describing its use in European Cells and Materials 2003 vol 6 pages 57-71. Authors are Yang, R., CM Davies, CW Archer and RG Richards.

Any comments from people who may have used this resin would be of interest to me.

Regards,

Paul Webster.

Paul Webster, Ph.D.
House Ear Institute