[Histonet] QDots aka nanocrystals

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Aug 12 12:58:57 CDT 2004

Kathleen,

Would love to work with them, bet they are pricey although I am twisting
arms hard!  The initial work with breast cancer markers looked interesting,
and I have heard buffer and pH requirements were picky (this is in past
tense since I viewed staining protocol on website). BE sure to use
Strepavidin/biotin blocking, from VECTOR.  The joy of these nanocrystals is
that they do not photobleach and are extremely bright.   If you do work
with them let us in on results, and good luck!   There is a confocal
listserver out of Buffalo,  easy subscribing, etc. People who do confocal
work are beginning to use these more and more, there will be
questions/answers like Histonet on this listserver - a good place to see
what is going on

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor