[Histonet] Activated macrophages in porcine tissue (again!)

Y. Wang ynwang <@t> u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 6 10:37:10 CDT 2004

All,

I am still looking for an antibody for activated macrophages that can be
used for immunohistochemistry in porcine tissue. I have contacted SEROTEC
as well as several other companies but without success and was wondering
if anyone had any ideas.

Just a brief background:
We want to identify resident and activated macrophages in porcine skin
samples (frozen sections). We already have a general macrophage label but
are having trouble finding specific ones.

Any other ideas on how we could distingush between the two would also be
greatly appreciated.

As a side note. Can anyone explain if ED1 or ED2 denotes activated
macrophages as the literature I have come across is very conflicted!

Thank you very much for your help
Yak-Nam Wang

Senior Fellow
Department of Bioengineering