[Histonet] Benchmark XT

Joe Nocito JNocito <@t> Pathreflab.com
Thu Aug 5 15:44:15 CDT 2004

Amy,
	I have a new carousal waiting to be installed as we speak. I have 2 XT's,
the oldest one since February of this year. I've had 8 different heating
pads go bad on three different occasions since February. Most of the time,
we place our control on the same slide as the patient, so if the control
worked, there is no question that everything worked okay. If the control is
negative, then we repeat the slide on the newer machine.
	In all fairness to Vetnana, they have responded well to our phone calls and
emails. I think this is an issue that they are trying to work on in house.

Joe Nocito, BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab
San Antonio, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Lab
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 1:50 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Benchmark XT

Our lab has had 2 ventana nexes systems and we are looking to upgrade to 2
benchmark xt units.We have had one in our lab to demo for approx. 3
months.During this time we have had 2 thermal pad issues and several file
corruptions. Has anyone with a benchmark xt had similar problems and if so
how often? Any opions about the instrument would be helpful.
                                                 Thanks,
                                                 Amy Boan,HT