[Histonet] Glass vs. Tape Coverslippers

Weems, Joyce JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org
Thu Aug 5 12:09:25 CDT 2004

I was demoing coverslippers and didn't tell the pathologists. Thought I'd see if they could tell the difference. One of our pathologists made us remove the tape from her entire days workload and recoverslip them by hand. Oh well.....
Joyce

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Morken,
Tim - Labvision
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 12:08 PM
To: 'Histonet (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Glass vs. Tape Coverslippers

Gary, We did find that plastic was no good for cytology specimens - at least
the lumpy ones - it wouldn't form a flat surface. For thin-prep it worked
great. I think the quality is OK for routine histology. In our lab we did
testing in the lab and when satisfied it was working well we switched over
without telling the pathologists. About two weeks later the Chief
Pathologist asked me when we would start using the plastic coverslips!

Tim Morken