[Histonet] tissue slicer

Katy Whalley k.whalley <@t> ich.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 20 03:29:17 CDT 2004

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your advice and suggestions. It seems I might have
to re-think the thickness of the slices required - in retrospect, I was
probably aiming too low anyway. Basically, the reason we want to cut them
quickly is in order to culture the slices later, so I'm not sure a
vibratome or cryostat would be appropriate as I think the tissue would
have to be embedded/ frozen first. Overall the 'egg-slicer' or matrix type
of device seem like they may be the best option, but I may try to make my
own, as described by Geoff, to cut costs a bit.

Katy

 Bad vibes, man.