[Histonet] fixation for frozen tissue

Serrano del Pozo, Erika ESerrano <@t> imim.es
Tue Apr 20 02:02:40 CDT 2004

Hi Rita,

I only use fixation before freeze a tissue when I can´t handle it when it´s
fresh (diaphragm), and I perform a sucrose treatment after the fixation.

Here is what I do:

fixation:
paraformaldehid 4% at 4ºC (minimum time o/n)

fast washed in PBS 0,1M

criproteccion (I):
sucrose 15% (75g sucrose - 1ml NaN3 10% - to 500ml PBS) o/n at 4ªC; shaking

crioproteccion (II):
sucrose 30% (150g sucrose - 2ml NaN3 10% - to 1000ml PBS) shaking at 4ªC;
several changes (minimum 3) until the samples are at heart deposited of the
container (I don´t know why, but this not always happens; don´t worry, it
also works)

fast washed in PBS 0,1M

frezee in OCT with liquid nitrogen

Wishing you a "sweet" procedure.