[Histonet] Celloidin sections for IHC

soumya soumya25 <@t> nbrc.ac.in
Fri Apr 16 01:07:35 CDT 2004

Hi, I'm new to this group. I need some help for doing immunostaining on celloidin embedded tissues. I recently started embedding fetal tissue in celloidin to avoid subjecting it to high temp during paraffin embedding.  What I found was that the celloidin became so dark during the the DAB-Ni step that we can barely see staining in the tissue sections at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can solve this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Soumya

Dr. Soumya Iyengar
National Brain Research Centre,