[Histonet] Paraffin Embedding of Mice Tissue - My protocols

Dallas Nippert djcarter <@t> dallastx.net
Tue Sep 30 09:12:47 CDT 2003

I worked with mouse tissue for 6 years, and it will almost always be dry.
The only thing I did was soak my blocks in my waterbath for about 45 seconds
after facing, and then put them on my ice.  The protocol for processing was:

70% Etoh 20 min
80% Etoh 20 min
95% Etoh  x2 for 20 min
Absolute  x2 for 20 min
Xylene x2 for 20 min
Paraffin x2 for 30 min
I also used an infiltrating wax in the processor and an embedding wax in the
embedder. The tissues would soak in the wax for about 15 min before I
started and while I was embedding them.
If they are still dry, try cutting down an alcohol time.

Dallas