[Histonet] Histotechnology Registry Study Group New Orleans, LA

Flores, Teresa tflore <@t> lsuhsc.edu
Sat Sep 27 10:47:04 CDT 2003

Atoska, this morning we covered fixation and getting ready to go into
embedding; 7 students showed up and two are from Lafayette, LA; they have
had a test on fixation; visited my EM Lab and plan I plan on having a future
EM workshop hands on; also planned is a cytology lecturer (as one of the
techs that took the HT Registry ASCP said that there were a lot of cytology
questions). So I am comfortable in saying its for both HT and HTL.
The first study group was done by Rosemary Velasquez and they would meet at
her house. And I was wrong about the first study group. Of 15 that would
meet weekly,  6 took the HT registry and 1 took the HTL and all 7 passed!
This is the first study group at LSUHSC in New Orleans, LA
Teresa

-----Original Message-----
From: Atoska S. Gentry [mailto:gentras <@t> vetmed.auburn.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 4:47 PM
To: Flores, Teresa
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Histotechnology Registry Study Group New Orleans, LA

Hi Teresa, is this only for the HT or the HTL as well? Sounds like a great
plan. I don't recall hearing or reading about the first session. Thanks,
Atoska

At 03:30 PM 9/26/03 -0500, you wrote:

 FYI

There will be a monthly study group, for the Histotechnology ASCP Registry.
Classes will be held at LSUHSC, MEB Building, 3 rd floor, Seminar Room 8,
beginning tomorrow (Saturday) from 8am-Noon.

Rosemary Velasquez, Histotechnologist from Ochsner Foundation Hospital, will
head the study group.  This will be Ms Velasquez second study group. There
were five technologist in Ms Velasquez first study group and all five passed
the HT(ASCP) registry the first time they took it.

Please bring pencil and paper for notes.

There is parking around the MEB building, as meters are free on Saturday.
Entrance is in front of the LSU Research Building (the other door of the
MEBuilding, on the side of I-10 is locked on weekends. Please sign in at the
front desk with the security guard and come up the  3rd floor. Signs will be
posted. Vending machines are available, bring change.

I will also be here to see if Rosemary needs my help with anything.

Teresa Flores
Atoska S. Gentry B.S., HT(ASCP)
Research Assistant III
Scott-Ritchey Research Center
College of Veterinary Medicine
Auburn University, AL  36849
Phone# (334)844-5579  Fax# (334)844-5850