[Histonet] how to embed/section mesentery?

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Fri Sep 19 14:36:12 CDT 2003

    Assuming that the tissue is flat enough (from tension applied during
fixation and processing) you can put cleared tissue on a slide and
coverslip it. Of course, it was stained (which I forgot to mention,
blush!) after fixation and before dehydration and clearing. We use such
spreads to teach the histology of loose connective tissue to first year
medical students. Probably not something a clinical lab would do.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.