[Histonet] Alizarin red/Alcian blue double skeletal stain

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Fri Sep 19 11:44:54 CDT 2003

There's this method:

Webb GN & Byrd RA 1994. simultaneous differential
staining of cartilage and bone in rodent fetuses: an
alcian blue and alizarin red S procedure without
glacial acetic acid. Biotechnic & Histochemistry
69(4):181-185.

The colour photo looks excellent. The instructions take
up 2 printed pages so more is needed than a simple
"protocol." The journal is available in all good
medical libraries. The method could probably be
simplified for chick embryos because they are smaller
than rat fetuses.
--
John A. Kiernan