[Histonet] haematoxylin

Davis, Gareth gareth.davis <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Sep 15 09:02:07 CDT 2003

Thanks for all the responses to the Hematoxylin problem.  I'm going to Ehrlich's and see how that goes.
Gareth

Ms. Gareth B. Davis
Research Assistant II
Neuro-magnetics Division of
the Department of Neurology
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
615-936-3318

	-----Original Message-----
	From: damien desmond [mailto:vanlochemstraat <@t> yahoo.com]
	Sent: Fri 9/12/2003 7:04 AM
	To: Davis, Gareth
	Subject: RE: [Histonet] haematoxylin

	Harris and Weigert are regressive stains, so the
	stains overstain and then you decolourize to the
	desired effect, Mayers is progressive so no use of a
	differentiator and this will stain to an end point in
	a certain time period to be determined by testing and
	microscopic interpretation.

	David

	http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com