[Histonet] Cryoprotection

Mitchell (Jean A.) jmitchell <@t> neurology.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 8 09:03:47 CDT 2003

I have been using a cryoprotectant solution very similar to yours for
storing 50 micron frozen sections of skin at -20C.   I use 96-well clear
assay plates and the cryoprotectant solution is pipetted into each well.
The 50 micron frozen sections are placed directly into the appropriate
well and are stored at -20C until I can begin staining procedures.

If you have further questions or would like reference articles on this
procedure/solution - feel free to contact me.

Jean Mitchell, BS, HT (ASCP)
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
Department of Neurology
Madison, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: Frouwke Kuijpers [mailto:frouwke <@t> sci.kun.nl]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 3:33 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cryoprotection

Has anybody has experience with this Cryoprotect-solution :
0,05 Sodium phosphate buffer
30% ethylen glycol
20% glycerol
for storing 40 micron sections at - 20 C

Has somebody experiences with this?
We don't want to put them on glasses because we do FFM.

F.J.Kuijpers-Kwant
Dept. Cellular Animal Physiology
University of Nijmegen
Toernooiveld 1