[Histonet] Grossing Work Station

Bell, Lynne Lynne.Bell <@t> hitchcock.org
Wed Sep 3 09:50:05 CDT 2003

We currently have the ThermoShandon Grossing station and have had it for
approximately 7 years.  Our pathologists like it and we like it also.
The stainless steel is easy to keep clean and the garbage disposal is
handy.  The pathologists also like the fact that it is adjustable.  We
have ours vented to the outside - our ventilation is so strong that you
could "suck up a small child".  The only drawback that we have had is
that the pathologists aren't thrilled with the sensors that turn on the
hot and cold water and we are in the process of getting the sensors
deactivated.

Lynne A. Bell, HT (ASCP)
Central Vermont Hospital
P. O. Box 547