[Histonet] AMACR

Dresser, Karen Karen.Dresser <@t> umassmed.edu
Fri Oct 31 11:02:48 CST 2003

The dual stain works great! I've used P504 for quite
some time, and recently worked up the dual stain.
For ours, we use HMW-CK and p63 together (HRP-DAB)
with p504 (AP-Fast Red).

Two important things about working with p504:
    1) make sure your control has prostate CA, otherwise
you may not get staining.
    2) make sure your slides are not old -- you'll get best
results from slides under 1 month old.

Enjoy!
Karen Dresser
Research Histotechnician
UMass Medical School

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Sally A. [mailto:sa.drew <@t> hosp.wisc.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 11:42 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] AMACR

I recently worked up BioCare Medical's antibody P504S(AMACR).
Our director anticipates it being ordered as a dual stain w/
high molecular weight cytokeratin.  We're still working
on the dual stain.  Let me know if you want more particulars.

Sally Ann Drew-MT(ASCP)
Univ. of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave. VAH-DM223