[Histonet] antibodies for sheep - primers for common genes would also be good.

Mark Hayes mark.hayes <@t> mailbox.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 30 18:33:48 CST 2003

Hi Albert

Thanks for the reply.   For starters we would love reliable antibodies
to IL6, 8, 10; TNFa, TGFB2&3, Fibronectin, Collagens 1&3, FGFs, FGFRs,
BMPs and COX-2.  There are quite a few others we would like but as you
can see the list is rather extensive/expensive already.

Cheers MarkH

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert Grobe [mailto:GrobeA <@t> saintpatrick.org]
Sent: Friday, 31 October 2003 1:52 AM
To: mark.hayes <@t> uq.edu.au
Subject: Re: [Histonet] antibodies for sheep - primers for common genes
would also be good.

What proteins/epitopes are you looking for?  Our lab works with sheep as
well and we have several abs that work well.
Albert

>>> "Mark Hayes" <mark.hayes <@t> mailbox.uq.edu.au> 10/29/03 04:34PM >>>
HI all

We have a number of sheep models in use in our research centre at the
moment and are finding it difficult to get antibodies for
immunohistochemistry.   We would like to source antibodies which are
specific for ovine proteins or are at lease crossreactive.   We are also
having difficulty getting gene sequences for common genes to generate
primers.  Can anyone help with sourcing either of these?

Cheers MarkH

Dr Mark Hayes  BSc, MSc, Dip Ed (Tert), PhD

Senior Lecturer,

Department of Paediatrics and Child Health,

University of Queensland

Laboratory and Scientific Manager

Royal Children's Hospital Foundation Research Centre

L3 Foundation Building

Royal Children's Hospital

Herston Road, Herston

Brisbane, Queensland. 4029